Jump to navigation
Communication and Information Technology Commission, Kindom of Saudi Arabia
Top Level Domain Holdings Limited
Limited Public Interest Objection Ground
Objection to the use of .GAY as a gTLD
Comment Submission Date:14 August 2012 at 08:51:11 UTC
The Communications and Information Technology Commission (CITC) is the information and communications technology sector (ICT) regulator in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (SA).
Amongst its roles and responsibilities include:
• Granting licenses in the ICT sector
• Protection of users’ rights
• Setting service quality standards
• Preparation of policies, regulatory frameworks and studies of ICT sector in SA
• domain name administration in SA
• Increasing the information security awareness level in SA
• Supervision of the National Committee for Information Society in SA
Many societies and cultures consider homosexuality to be contrary to their culture, morality or religion.
The creation of a gTLD string which promotes homosexuality will be offensive to these societies and cultures.
We respectfully request that ICANN refuse the application for this gTLD.
© 2013 Internet Corporation For Assigned Names and Numbers