Jump to navigation
Communication and Information Technology Commission, Kindom of Saudi Arabia
Community Objection Ground
Objection to .TATTOO as a gTLD
Comment Submission Date:13 August 2012 at 17:00:26 UTC
The Communications and Information Technology Commission (CITC) is the information and communications technology sector (ICT) regulator in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (SA).
Amongst its roles and responsibilities include:
• Granting licenses in the ICT sector
• Protection of users’ rights
• Setting service quality standards
• Preparation of policies, regulatory frameworks and studies of ICT sector in SA
• domain name administration in SA
• Increasing the information security awareness level in SA
• Supervision of the National Committee for Information Society in SA
Many large societies of the world consider tattooing contrary to their culture, morality and religion such as Islam and Judaism.
The creation of a gTLD string which promotes tattooing will be offensive to these societies and cultures, representing billions of people worldwide.
We would therefore respectfully request that ICANN refuse the application for this gTLD string.
© 2013 Internet Corporation For Assigned Names and Numbers