Jump to navigation
Communication and Information Technology Commission, Kindom of Saudi Arabia
Electronic Media Network Limited (M-Net)
Community Objection Ground
Objection to the use of .AFRICAMAGIC
Comment Submission Date:13 August 2012 at 09:57:10 UTC
The Communications and Information Technology Commission (CITC) is the information and communications technology sector (ICT) regulator in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (SA).
Amongst its roles and responsibilities include:
• Granting licenses in the ICT sector
• Protection of users’ rights
• Setting service quality standards
• Preparation of policies, regulatory frameworks and studies of ICT sector in SA
• domain name administration in SA
• Increasing the information security awareness level in SA
• Supervision of the National Committee for Information Society in SA
The .AFRICAMAGIC string implies that it is linked to black magic and this is considered offensive to many cultures and major world religions, such as Christianity and Islam, the combined followers of which amount to over 50% of the world’s population.
We would therefore respectfully request that ICANN refuse the application for this gTLD string.
© 2013 Internet Corporation For Assigned Names and Numbers